The Christian right has always been a major player in our country’s political landscape. They are a very controversial group but never seem to have a problem mobilizing. Since elections are coming up and they will reaffirm their beliefs, there are 10 questions I’d like to ask Christian Conservatives. Here’s the countdown:
10. Do you realize that Jesus said “Love thy neighbor” not “Hate thy neighbor”?
9. Why do you always complain that ‘liberals’ are taking away your religious freedoms when your movement consists of some of the most Islamophobic leaders who are trying to take away the freedom of other religions?
8. Have any of you guys ever even read the Bible?
7. If the fetus you saved turned out to be gay, would you still fight for its rights?
6. Why do you support a party that wants to take away benefits for single mothers when you guys are very anti-abortion?
5. How many more gay people does God have to create before he convinces you idiots that he wants them around?
4. Why do you fight gay adoption when it would provide homes for many children who may have otherwise been aborted?
3. When did you guys change the context of the word “family” to mean “anti-gay”?
2. Do any of you remember the fact that birth control was invented with the intent to greatly decrease the number of abortions?
1. You do realize that you worship a Middle Eastern Socialist, right?
And there we go. If any of you are Christian conservatives who are willing to answer these questions, I would love to read your responses.